CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

New Job and Other Various Life Updates

Just as a warning, this is a long post with no pictures, read with caution!
So I figured, its been over a month and I should update the few people that read this blog as to what has been going on in our lives. Most excitingly is that I got a JOB!!!! WAHOOOOOOO!!! I am so happy. It is at a nursing home and I just love it. I started on Monday. My boss is incredibly laid back and understanding about everything, even me wanting to take 2 weeks for vacation in November, I will discuss this more a little bit later in the post. He is the administrator of the place and while he isn't in the social work world, he knows what I need to do and is very good at explaining it to me. I also have 2 consultants that work with me that are both social workers. They really know their stuff and are very helpful and I can call them whenever I don't understand things. Also, since where I work is a smaller facility, I am my own department chair. I can boss people around and stuff, its great, Just kidding. I do get my pretty picture up on the wall so, when people come in they can see my beaming face as a person that they can ask for help. But for now, I am just learning how everything works and getting to know the residents that live there. I will update you more as it goes along.
Next, Jon's birthday is on the 8th and he will be 27. We aren't doing anything too extravagant, but it should be fun. Also, since I got a job now, we are looking at moving. I am excited to have my own yard and not have to deal with a homeowners association. And now, to the part I am most excited for, our VACATION!!!
Jon's friend Steve is getting married tomorrow and they are moving to Scotland for Kristen, his wife, to go to grad school. So we figured, if we have a free place to stay in Europe, why not go. We plan on flying into Paris, staying in France for 5 or so days, then going to London for a couple days and then going up to see Steve and Kristen in Scotland. All total to be there for 2 weeks. I am so excited. I have wanted to go to Europe my whole life and now we are finally planning a trip there. I am also excited to use the French that I learned in high school and see how much of it I remember.
Ok, so that is most of our updates for now. I will keep everyone updated about the job and as plans come along for Europe.

1 comments:

Jessica said...

Congratulations! Your trip sounds fun. :) Glad everything is going so well.