CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Birthdays and more school

Since this post is sort of boring I will post the part most people care about at top and you can read down to the rest of the post if you so choose.


Jon and I on my birthday!


The quilt Jon's mom made me for my birthday.


My cousins and Jon any my mother in law at my suprise birthday party.

Well, today is only Tuesday and Jon and I both already exhausted from the week and ready for it to be over. For me, I now feel Jon's pain and why he is so tired all the time. Yesterday, was non-stop for me I left the house at about 8 am and didn't return home until about 2 am the next day. Just thinking about it makes me tired, so now I know how hard it is for Jon to work two jobs and only come home to sleep and shower.

On a happier note, Jon turned 26 yesterday. It was pretty uneventful seeing as he had to work both jobs. But I did get out of my internship early enough and we were able to meet for lunch, so that was a nice break from the usual grind. I gave him his presents, which he liked, but I still don't think they were that great, even if he did say he liked them.

After lunch I had to get to class and Jon had to go back to work. So we went our separate ways and then I met him that evening at his second job and we went to dinner. (this is nothing unusual for us, we hardly ever eat at home anymore) For dinner Jon decided he wanted to go to Tepanyaki, which is a japanese steakhouse, you know where they cook the food in front of you. It was great and we had fun. Then Jon had to go back to work and I kept him company there for a while and we chatted with his co-worker Chanin and just laughed ourselves silly. It is good to have fun with the people you work with, it makes things so much better.

When Chanin left, I went and cleaned the office building that I clean and Jon being so sweet came and helped me after he got done at his work. Nothing like cleaning toilets on your birthday, eh?

So, school its a big topic at our house these days. Jon just finished up his first master's class and I am proud to say he made a B+! Go Jon, you are so smart. Now he is taking a HR class which doesn't sound fun at all! Good thing his classes are only 8 weeks. As for me, I am LOVING my internship, it is super interesting and I am more surprised each day how much I actually love going to work. It is exciting and it is always something different each day. Makes it really easy to be happy. My classes on the other hand are driving me nuts. My capstone paper is going to be the bane of my existence for the next 8 months. I loathe doing it, but it isn't something I can put off until the last minute because it is such a large undertaking. Oh well when I get done, I am going to frame it and put copies of it in every bathroom of our house for an enlightening read.

I guess that is about all that is going on at the Casper house for now. Sorry it was such a boring post, but we are just plain boring these days.

2 comments:

Doug & Stef said...

I'm glad you like your internship sarah, i know how worried you seemed!

GreenTaiwan said...

That girl would be Kristen Kathleen Irvine and yes we are dating, have been since August. Sorry I never told you guys, but you never asked.