CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Rants, Raves, and of course, MORE school!!

I have had a few crazy weeks! So here goes to explaining it!!
Rants:
I am so sick of immature people. I swear if you are an adult, please act like it!!! Also, all the dumb paper work and paper writing I have to do for school. It is driving me nuts! I can't figure out if it is actually my egotistical, controlling professor that makes life miserable or if it is the Council on Social Work Education that controls all social work education programs. Either way, it drives me crazy. Next comes my stupid sister, she is almost 40 and just had ANOTHER kid! No job, no husband, and no money, wow she will make a superb mom, I am sure! (note the sarcasm) Worst part is my sister didn't even tell my parents, they found out from my cousin! AHHH! Lastly, I am upset that my friend Shamayne is leaving in 6 short weeks for her mission. I am really happy that she is going, but dang it am I going to miss her. We just met in January at school, but we have this friendship that is so strong, it is hard to describe. She is amazing and 18 months is a long time, but I will get through it while she is happily serving the people of Brazil. (Don't think I am completly selfish, I DO want her to go, I am just going to miss her!)
Raves:

My internship!!! I love, love, LOVE it!!! My supervisor is super cool and so easy to work with. Next week, I will finally be getting my own desk and start seeing my own clients. I am starting to feel like a real social worker. It seems so adult-like, it is starting to scare me. I am now only 7 months away from graduating! I am trying to figure out about grad school, I will let you know as soon as I decide what I am doing.

I am hosting a Lia Sophia jewelery party at my house this weekend. Their stuff is so pretty and I am excited to show it to my friends. It is at 10 on Saturday if anybody in the area reads this and wants to come!

I am happy that I have my mental health. The clients I see at my internship are struggling just to get by everyday, I am happy that I have the coping skills and things I need to keep my mind clear of struggles. I have dealt with mental health issues before, and it is hard, so I truly admire these people.

School:
I like my classes, none of them are too hard; except for my internship class. Last weekend I offically started my capstone paper, all 22 pages of it. I have the next 20 pages due in 3 weeks. Jon is now taking an HR class. He doesn't like it very much, but the good thing about his classes being only 8 weeks, this class is already half way over.

I guess that is about all for now. Lemme know what you think, comment away!!

2 comments:

small town Hood said...

That is crazy that your sister had another kid! Was it a boy or girl? Iknow when Thomas finished shcool we were just glad to be done with it. but now he is kinda wanting to go back and get his masters. I hope you are able to make the right choice for you. Love ya girl
Heather

Jody Lee said...

Hey Sarah,
I love your blog...it keeps me plugging on with school! Is Prof V even more demanding in those internship classes? Ugh.