CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

New Beginings Make Sarah a Scared Girl!


First on a happy note, Jon and I bought a new washer and dryer this weekend. Above is a picture I found online of them We weren't excited about spending so much money on them, but we are excited to have cleaner clothes that take a shorter amount of time to try. Now, on to the reason for the post.

So I FINALLY start my internship in the morning, bright and early at 8:30. Which if you truly know me, will understand why this is so early. I loathe mornings and don't truly start to function until about 10 or so. I am sooooo nervous. I never thought I would be this nervous, but I can't stop worrying about it. I am scared I am not going to be a good social worker and I will have wasted all this time and money for a degree that will be useless to me.

I have been told by a professor of mine that I have no filter when it comes to my expressions and reactions. While I am sure this is somewhat true, it doesn't feel good to hear it from your teacher. In my mind it equates to me being a bad social worker. It makes me feel like crap and I am sure this adds quite a bit to my apprehension about my internship. I really like my supervisor at my agency and have confidence that he will be a huge help to my learning to be a good social worker. He is very easy going, yet has lots of skills and wants me to learn as much as possible from him and his agency.

I am also worried about writing all the papers I need to finish my degree. As an example, we start our capstone paper in our junior year. That teacher tells us that the paper needs to be 8-10 pages. So, I write 9 pages. Fast forward to my senior year, and this teacher tells us that the first part of our paper needs to be AT LEAST 35 pages!!! Are you kidding? This means I need to add 26 pages to that paper in about 3 weeks!! Ahhh, I must be in a nightmare! Needless to say, I am a bit stressed.

On a happier note, Jon's birthday is next Monday. He will be 26. Sad thing is I really have no idea what to buy him. Anybody have any ideas?? If so let me know. Hope everybody is doing well and until next time.