CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, December 4, 2008

Almost Done!!!

So between writing 2 papers, I decided it was time to update the blog. Hopefully this new design looks better. Although I am mad it some how deleted the words from my last post!! Dangit! Oh well, worse things could happen to me.
So as I am writing, I am partly done with one paper with another one to finish to turn in by tomorrow at 5 pm. Trust me, I am not worried though. These papers are only supposed to be 5-6 pages a piece. And if you are in the social work program at Weber, 10-12 pages is nothing, especially compared with the 80 pages I have written so far on my capstone. After I turn in my papers, I am done with my semester!! Hallelujah!! That means only 1 more to go.
Speaking of school, I have decided to hold off for a while on grad school. The are many things that added up to me making this decision. The first is I am sooo burned out on school right now, because it will have taken me almost 8 years of school just to get my bachelors. Next is, I am just not sure if I really want to be a therapist anymore. I keep going back to the idea of getting my master's in education and becoming a teacher. Who knows where that will take me to. Lastly, and don't think I am super sad about this, Jon got told not to come back to his 2nd job on Monday night. I am so happy to have him home again with me. Yet, I am slightly concerned about money and things, but I know it will all work out in the end.
So, for right now, my plan is to graduate and get a job shortly after graduation. This will help ease our bills and give me experience to truly know if this is a career I want to persue. If it is I will go back and get my masters and become a therapist, if not, then I will get my master's in another area. Also, while hopefully having kids and being a good mom.
Enough about that, now on to what I am really excited about. I am going home in 2 weeks!!! Oh the joy! I haven't seen my family in 2 years and in those 2 years I have a new nephew and a new niece that I haven't even seen pictures of. So, I am super excited to meet them. Also, my parents may be moving soon and this is probably the last time I will have to see the house I grew up in. Other then all those things, I am excited to see my friends, especially Andrea and Danna. I miss those girls tons. Well I guess that is all from this neck of the woods for now. Until next time!

3 comments:

Doug & Stef said...

I'm sorry to hear about Jon's job - It will all work out i'm sure.

small town Hood said...

I will be in town for Christmas too we should get together! luv ya I know the work stuff will work out for you.

Bonnie said...

Your words didn't disappear from your last post - they are white so if you highlight them, you can see them. :)

Yay that you are coming home soon! We've got to get together!

Have your folks decided where they are moving yet?

So sorry about Jon's 2nd job but yay that you get to spend more time together!