'Cause he is sooo incredibly smart!!!
So a funny sorta scary thing happened to Jon and I last night. We went and had dinner with some friends of ours and had a great time with them. Then we got to the office I clean a bit later than usual, about 11:30. I was tired and we were both just ready to get the office clean so we could come home and go to bed. I started emptying the trash and Jon took on cleaning the bathrooms. Not much was said, we just went to getting the job done as quickly as possible.
Once we were both out in the lobby I asked him where the key was so we could let ourselves back into the offices. (It is secured from the visitors getting back to the offices for the safety of those that work there.) He turned to me and said, "I thought you had it, you were the one doing the trash." Then I told him, "You are always the one that has the key." Panic that we might be stuck here all night began to set in. We then thought to call my boss cause he has a key and could get us out, but I realized I didn't have my cell phone and I don't know his number. We thought of different ideas and surprisingly enough, we didn't even yell at each other this whole time, which is a big deal for us. We ALWAYS yell when we get mad at each other.
Anyways, then Jon remembered the door to the back part of the offices has a motion sensor and if he could get something in the door long enough to trip the sensor, then he could get back in and get the key and we could would be saved from having to spend the night there. So he found a piece of cardboard in the trash and went around to try to see if it would work. No luck it wasn't quite long enough. Then we found another piece of cardboard just long enough and BINGO he got in!!! Yay!!
After about 30 minutes of being upset about the possibility of having to sleep there, but because of my lovely husband we were able to get out. This made me extremely happy to get out, but also when I thought about being there alone late at night it made me kinda scared that it could be that easy to break into the office. The lessons Jon and I learned from this experience is to always make sure somebody has got the key and tell someone if you have taken it somewhere. Also, to always carry my cell phone at work. And lastly, to learn the number combination on the doors to make sure this doesn't happen again. As for me, I learned I married one really smart, ingenious dude that I wouldn't trade for anything in the world! I love you Jon!!
12 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment