CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Man am I crazy???

So since I am still unemployed after graduation, I decided to do some other fun things to fill up my time. I have decided to do a triathalon on Labor day this year. The race itself is a sprint triathalon. Swimming 400 meters, biking 1.5 miles and running 3 miles. I am not scared about the swimming, in case you didn't know, I was on swim team growing up for 8 years. The biking shouldn't be that hard, but the running has got me worried. I can't even run a mile, but I have a few months to train so hopefully I will get there.

When deciding on a triathalon, Jon and I decided to get me a new bike. One that is actually a bike you get at a bike store, one meant for racing. I tried a normal road racing bike, and man it was hard. I hated being bent over so far over the bars, the tires were way to skinny and the handlebars were just plain wierd. So I opted for what they call a hybrid bike, it has big tires like a racing bike, but a frame like a mountain bike so you sit up straighter. It was the perfect fit for me. We went and picked it up on Monday night. Then I took it for an inagural ride on Tuesday and rode about 5 miles. It was awesome. I have never had a bike that rides so easy and handles so amazingly. I would have rode it again today but it is raining like crazy right now.

So that is what I have been up to lately. Also, I have been putting in resumes left and right and seem to never hear anything back. It is getting to be quite frustrating. To appease people who need pictures, I will leave you with a stock photo of my new bike. It's a Giant FCR3 W.


1 comments:

Erin said...

Good for you! Tris are so fun! You are not crazy at all. Good luck and let me know how the training is going. Also about the running: after a few weeks of running your body will start to feel the "addiction" effect and all you will want to do is run, run, run! So hang in there You are amazing!